How do you create an employee experience capable of matching today’s rapidly evolving technology? Workplaces that now include up to five generations of workers will need to accommodate employees with widely differing ages, personalities and expectations. This is the finding of authors Jeanne Meister and Kevin Mulcahy who recently sat down with Polycom to discuss the transformational changes around where people are working and how they communicate with their peers.
They highlighted that:
- More and more people are working remotely.
- Employees now go into the office for specific reasons, and how they use the workspace differs from employee to employee.
- They want a better workplace experience and more choices at work, seeking more control over how, where and when they work.
- Research from Steelcase suggests workers who have control over where and how they work, and are free to choose a workspace to fit their task at hand (e.g. either focused work or collaborative work) are 88% more engaged at work.
One of the most important lessons for organizations, they conclude, is to stay on top of technology shifts. This avoids the skills gaps that leave people and technology underutilized. If technology is underutilized then so are employees, and this can lead to an erosion of resources, morale, jobs and ultimately, efficiency.
Fitting our technology to your people
If you’re looking to deliver a consistent user experience across all your video endpoints; unclear about how best to implement Polycom solutions in workspaces such as huddle rooms, conference rooms or executive suites; or looking for new technology solutions to modernise your conference facilities; the Workspace Design service can help you create a seamless user experience by leveraging the right technology in the right-sized conference room, and ensure a uniform and consistent user experience for one or more Polycom endpoints. Specifically, the service:
- Captures and documents your end users’ expected video-enabled workflows.
- Designs and documents the user experience when interacting with the Polycom devices that will be installed in a given workspace.
- Covers space planning, technology integration and the end user experience, to provide a design including computer-aided simulations which can become a blueprint for one or more deployments.
Helping them make the most of it
In terms of increasing adoption and preventing your collaboration solution from being underutilized, you can access an extensive range of resources, such as:
- Polycom Adoption Consulting to help jump-start your end user adoption program.
- Polycom RealAccess™ Analytics to provide key utilization and performance metrics, and enable you to focus your adoption and support efforts most effectively.
- Training such as access to the Polycom Adoption Portal and How To videos.
- Support with creating an internal Adoption Campaign and more.
Our recent global survey of over 25,000 consumers in 12 countries revealed that 92% of respondents agree that video collaboration technology improves teamwork. Meeting colleagues via video helps keep the human interaction element that can sometimes lack when working remotely, enabling employees to develop better relationships.
The goal is to make sure you are facilitating a culture that enhances engagement through more creatively designed workspaces and enables more choices for how employees work.